In PICE Circular No. 2012-03 issued January 6, 2012, the search for the PICE Civil Engineering Landmark Awards for 2012 was opened.
In the past, the award has been granted to the Ifugao Rice Terrace in Banaue, Ifugao; the Mt. Samat Cross in Pilar, Bataan; the Capas National Shrine in Capas, Tarlac; the Ruins in Talisay City, Negros Occidental; and the Ma. Cristina Hydroelectric Plant in Iligan City.
See criteria after the circular.
1. The project should be a civil engineering structure.
2. The project should have been completed already.
1. The project should possess unique and modern technology which contributed significantly in the advancement of the
CE profession. —- 35%
2. The project should have historical distinction that would perpetuate the Filipino race and heritage. —- 20%
3. The project should have meaningful impact in the community in support of livelihood programs, manpower,
generation, tourism, environment, and other social and economic aspects that would uplift the quality of life of the
people. —- 25%
4. Special recognition should be given to projects which exemplifies Filipino ingenuity or using indigenous materials. —- 20%
T o t a l —- 100%
The project is considered outstanding if it generates a total of 90% and above based on the above-cited criteria