PhilDev’s programs address the three pillars of strategy:
- Education – poverty is a discrepancy of knowledge, not money
- Innovation – converts technology into products for the global market
- Entrepreneurship – is the fastest way to move wealth in a society
Scholarships cover school tuition and miscellaneous fees. Stipends and allowances may be awarded to some students with extenuating circumstances. The grant is renewable every semester until the recipient finishes his/her degree, subject to compliance with scholarship stipulations.
PhilDev works with donors to create a list of the type of students to whom the scholarships are aimed. It may differ from donor to donor depending on their specific philosophies and/or needs. In general, however, recipients are:
1. Students attending one of our partner universities.
2. Undergraduate students majoring in specific degrees in the fields of science, technology, engineering, or mathematics.
3. Students displaying academic excellence and civic involvement.
The candidate must also meet the following requirements:
1. Demonstrate a certain level of financial need (family gross income below P500,000 per year).
2. Must be in his/her sophomore year or higher.
3. He/She must be a Filipino citizen, without a pending immigration application to any foreign country.
4. Other requirements that the donor may require.
PhilDev requires graduating scholars to remain in the Philippines for at least 5 years after graduation.
PhilDev’s partner universities:
- De La Salle University – Manila
- Mapua Institute of Technology – Manila
- University of the Philippines Diliman – Quezon City
- University of the Philippines Los Baños – Laguna
- University of Sto. Tomas – Manila
- University of San Carlos – Cebu City
- MSU-Iligan Institute of Technology – Iligan City
- Xavier University-Ateneo de Cagayan – Cagayan de Oro City
For more information, please check PhilDev.